Sunday, November 9, 2008

American Pimp Talk


At the end of the following video, there is a young woman with a bullhorn shouting:

EQUAL RIGHTS  EQUAL RIGHTS  EQUAL RIGHTS

This woman led a group of about 500 protesters down Santa Monica Blvd., through Beverly Hills, and down the Sunset Strip, shouting, chanting, and protesting inequality.  She was just one person, not connected to the No on 8 campaign, who believed deeply in something and decided to make a change and make an impact.  She kept the crowd pumped, but respectful and organized, using the strategy of blocking traffic to maximize the effectiveness and visibility of the protest, forever changing the history of this protest, and making her impact on this civil rights movement.  Below the video, please find the blog entry post for Obama IS America! authored by this powerful woman.  

Thank you.




AMERICA, WE’RE NOT FRIENDS ANYMORE, I FEEL LIKE I CAN’T BE MYSELF AROUND YOU AND I GOTTA PAY EVERY TIME WE GO OUT.

AMERICA WE GOTTA BREAK UP CAUSE THE SHIT YOU TELLING ME JUST DON’T ADD UP. I MEAN YOU SEEM COOL ON THE OUTSIDE, BUT I FEEL LIKE YOU TELLING ME A BUNCH OF LIES AND I’M QUITE SICK OF YOU.  I MEAN, I’M BRINGING MY KIDS UP WITH YOU AND I DON’T EVEN RESPECT YOUR VALUES, AND YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN; THE OVERSPENDING, THE ILLEGITIMATE CHILDREN, THE SUBSTANCE ABUSE, HIDING BEHIND YOUR PHARMACUETICAL FRIENDS. I MEAN I REALLY WANNA WALK OUT ON YOU, BUT YOU KEEP BRINGING ME BACK WTH THAT PIMP TALK LIKE AIN’T NO OTHER COUNTRY GONNA LOVE ME LIKE YOU. I GOT THE NOTION THAT GOD’S PLAN WAS BIGGER THAN THAT BIGGER THAN YOU COME ON AMERICA I CAN SEE STRAIGHT THROUGH YOU, WHAT KIND OF GAME ARE YOU TRYNA PULL?  SERIOUSLY, I’M NOT SURE IF I STILL LOVE YOU AND I DON’T THINK YOU LOVE ME SO LET’S JUST END THINGS.  CHECK THIS, I’VE MADE SOME ARRANGEMENTS ALREADY SO KNOW ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS GET OUT AND TAKE ALL YOUR SHIT WITH YOU.  WHY? BECAUSE I CAN’T FLUSH DOWN ANOTHER FUCKING WAR, ANOTHER FUCKING SKEWED PROPOSTION AND ONE MORE NARROW ASSED HYPOCRIT TELLING ME HOW TO LIVE FROM CAPITOL HILL—WHICH I’VE NEVER BEEN TO BY THE WAY, YOU MADE IT SEEM LIKE YOU WANTED ME TO BE A PART OF YOUR WORK BUT YOU NEVER TOOK ME WITH YOU. I PACKED YOUR LUNCH NEVER SENT YOU OUT ON AN EMPTY STOMACH BUT SOMEHOW YOU COULDN’T RETURN THE FAVOR.  IT’S LIKE YOU DON’T SEE ME STARVING UNLESS I’M BEGGING FOR A HAND OUT AND SOMETIMES NOT EVEN THEN BUT I GUESS YOU WERE DISTRACTED ROLLING AROUND IN YOUR RED WHITE AND BLUE JAG THIKING YOU’RE COOL.  BY THE WAY, THAT’S ME BEHIND YOU SUCKING UP THE FUMES FROM YOU’RE EXPENSIVE GAS.  YO, HEY, I’VE HAD ENOUGH, PUT A FLAG IN ME, I’M DONE.  I’M TIRED OF BEING THE ONE CHASING YOU AROUND TRYING TO CATCH UP WITH YOU AND BABE STOP COMPARING ME TO JAPAN. IT ONLY MAKES ME INSECURE WHEN YOU DO THAT. I’M NOT GONNA BE JAPAN, I MEAN I WANT TO BE ADVANCED BUT I WANT TO BE ME. I MEAN IT’S NOT LIKE WE’RE LIVING IN THE STONE AGE BREDREN, I JUST WOULD LIKE SOME BASIC NEEDS. I KNOW YOU TAKE CARE OF ME BUT I DON’T KNOW WHY WE CAN’T SHARE WITH EVERYBODY, YOU KNOW LIKE SOME OF THE COUNTRIES IN NEED.  WE CAN HELP THEM GET ON THEIR FEET AND BEFORE YOU GET EXCITED LET’S GET THIS STRIAGHT WE WANT TO REALLY HELP THEM NOT HELP THEM THEN TRY TO CONTROL THINGS. YOU KNOW HOW YOU ARE, YOU’LL GET OVER THERE START HELPING THEM CLEAN UP THEIR PLACE AND THEN THE NEXT THING THEY KNOW YOUR IMPOSING NEW WAYS TO DISENFECT AND FILLING UP THEIR SPOT WITH RAID. CRAZIEST PART ABOUT IT, YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW IF THEY HAVE PESTS, YOU JUST BE ASSUMING SHIT AMERICA, AND YOU NEED TO STOP THAT SHIT CAUSE IT’S GETTING EMBARRASSING AND DOWN RIGHT MEAN.  IT’S SO OBVIOUS THAT YOU’RE REALLY ONLY LOOKING OUT FOR YOURSELF.  PEEP GAME YOUR BOY GEORGE W APPARENTLY HAS EVERYTHING FIGURED OUT INCLUDING YOU AND NOT TO BE STARTING SHIT BUT HE’S TRICKING YOU LIKE A PROSTITUE. OH, NOW YOU’RE GETTING MAD AND I WAS JUST SPITTING THE TRUTH.  THE MINUTE I SAY SOMETHING BLUNT YOU WANT TO COP AN ATTITUDE, AND THAT’S WHY I DON’T FEEL LIKE I CAN TALK TO YOU AND THAT’S WHY IT’S A WRAP.  OH ONE MORE THING I GUESS YOU THINK YOU’RE SLICK AND I WOULD NEVER FIND OUT, YOU SAY YOUR JUST HELPING IRAQ BUT I KNOW YOUR FUCKING HER BEHIND MY BACK………. 


[image added by the Editor]


Today I wake an African American 26yr old filmmaker/comedian settled in love and visualizing my aspirations, my dreams.  Loose with the mouth smartass if you like, a carefree superficial down to earth sociopathic angle, on a global pilgrimage just to be present; The American Dream.   We must stay present in a moment like this in all moments so that we realize the value of our time and the urgency to act now to breathe and act freely now.  We as human beings, myself included, live with fear on a daily basis and anyone who’s been afraid or startled before knows it’s a paralyzing experience.  Our fear can prevent us from going down the stairs in our own basement too late at night or it can keep us from introducing ourselves to someone who we’re interested in knowing.  Each day we operate out of fear—at least once during the course of the day.   If you are one of the rare individuals who doesn’t operate out of fear, I imagine you have found true peace amongst the lost and wicked, but it is not enough to be wise you must share your wisdom with others so we as a people can stand out of stagnation and be fearless in our political and social stands. We fixate on the differences between each other because it’s instilled in us the moment we enter any institution and second because it’s natural at least on a physical level.  Although we all live here we don’t take everyone for fellow statesmen. I grew up with a stepfather who loved to watch Westerns, so by default I watched a few and what I liked about them was the end when the character traveled or got to a new town some family would welcome some strangers received; they would put them up for the night and give them supper and the next morning send them off with good wishes and good travels.  Some of us have had this experience in our personal lives but it’s definitely not the norm, but why can’t it be, at least at some level….American history would include true representations of who we really are and globally how we want to be represented.  It’s disturbing how much common intelligence is lost between the cracks of blind ignorance.  Watching the RNC these past couple of months trying to grasp some understanding of where Bush and McCain supporters store their conviction…I’d like to think that we were all striving for peace and in fact George Bush used the word peace at the end of his speech the other night but I can’t see how that can be attained by feeding a war like many wars that leaves so many people of all creeds socially, mentally, spiritually and physically displaced. People—do we see the same America in front of us? Quite frankly when I think about the fact that in my life I’m experiencing public displays of ignorance at such a level in the workforce, to work at the White House, to work in politics, there’s an unspoken respect. And sometimes the response is bitterness or sometimes the response to someone working in that field is an ideological but now realistic goal for anyone who hasn’t experienced all the wonderful things on the creed by our fore fathers or mothers.  As an American I’m free to choose my route…then I go into neighborhoods and my fear of stereotypes and the unknown tribes around me make me closed off to the culture that’s before me and I wonder why do I feel so distant from these people whom I know want peace ultimately. …Peace…. Everyone having enough. A desire to create a world where fear in non-existent fears trap us in immeasurable ways…

Obama shines 
He smiles genuinely 
He takes his time with people.  


No comments: