Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Michelle Obama!



Today (ending in 3 minutes) is the birthday of the Editor of this blog.  Yesterday was future First Lady Michelle Obama's birthday.  What good timing, no?

TWO MORE DAYS TILL OBAMA IS PRESIDENT OBAMA!!!





Happy Birthday, Michelle Obama

January 17, 2009 9:11 AM

Today, Jan. 17th, is First-Lady-in-Waiting Michelle Obama’s 45th birthday.

The Obama family will, of course, be together on their whistle-stop train trip from Philadelphia to Washington, D.C. this year for most of her birthday.

President-elect Barack Obama indicated to CNN’s John King in an interview yesterday that the Obamas celebrated his wife’s birthday a little early.

“We actually had a little birthday party last night,” Obama said, referring to the couple's Thursday night dinner at Equinox restaurant.

“If you're going to miss it, better miss it earlier than miss it late," he joked.

Mr. and Mrs. Obama were together for her birthday last year as well. Just two days before the Nevada caucuses, they held joint events in Las Vegas on her birthday and in Reno the day after.

“Even though I’m campaigning, ladies, I just want you to know, I’m taking her out to dinner tonight,” then-Senator Obama said at an event at Ranchero High School on his wife’s birthday.

The Obamas hit Las Vegas that night, and the future President later recalled his astonishment at the price of a glass of celebratory bubbly.

“I took her out to dinner," he said. "At a fancy restaurant. Because she has just been so spectacular putting up with me on this presidential run. And I thought that I was being slick, I got her a nice gift, a piece of jewelry and I had it arranged to take to the waiter before we go to the restaurant. And I said, you know, 'Bring us a glass of champagne,' because Michelle likes champagne...

"Everything went off without a hitch," he said, "the gift came out, the champagne, Michelle loved it, she was feeling good. At the end of the dinner, I looked at the check and I did not realize you could pay that much for a glass of champagne, I mean wow! If I had known, I would have had a sip of this champagne. It’s Vegas, huh?”

-- Sunlen Miller and Jake Tapper

No comments: